Aberdeen to be showcased at Energy Cities Alliance event 22/05/12
Aberdeen is to be represented at a major meetings and incentive travel exhibition in Frankfurt as one of the four cities which make up the Energy Cities Alliance.
A team from Aberdeen Convention Bureau will attend an Energy Cities Alliance business breakfast tomorrow (Wednesday) to showcase the city and its energy industry at IMEX 2012, which gets underway today (Tuesday).
The Energy Cities Alliance brings together four cities which are key players in the energy industries for their respective countries - Aberdeen, Abu Dhabi, Calgary and Perth, Western Australia.
The Alliance was formed to promote the world's most dynamic and economically booming cities in the oil and gas and mining resources industries, and offers practical support to meeting and event planners who are looking to host successful world class conferences.
Aberdeen Convention Bureau proactively promotes Aberdeen City and Shire to attract new conferences to the region, organising and hosting site inspection visits with invited conference organisers, to showcase the North-east's best venues and facilities.
Last year, around 9,000 people attended IMEX, including just under 3,900 hosted buyers from more than 60 world markets.
Aberdeen Convention Bureau is also exhibiting on the VisitScotland Business Tourism Unit stand.
Alesia du Plessis, sales and marketing manager at Aberdeen Convention Bureau, said it was vital for Aberdeen to have a strong presence at the event.
"Aberdeen is a very strong contender in terms of business tourism and Aberdeen Convention Bureau is constantly out there raising the profile of the city as a major energy hub with good connections to Europe, particularly on the back of the new direct flights to Frankfurt," she said.
"We provide free support that could help to secure a future event for the city, working in close partnership with our industry partners such as the Aberdeen Exhibition Conference Centre, which is also representing Aberdeen at IMEX, to promote the city as a viable option for event planners.
"Our membership of the Energy Cities Alliance is important as it establishes Aberdeen as a major city that can hold its own against other destinations which also have strong energy credentials.
"Combined with developments such as the Trump golf resort, new international hotel brands, increased connectivity and the strength of our Ambassador Programme, which sees us working with local academics to secure conference business, we can welcome a bigger share of the global meetings and conference market."
Aberdeen is set to be a hive of activity in September, when it will play host to several major events and thousands of visitors.
The world's leading unconventional heavy oil conference and exhibition, the World Heavy Oil Congress, will bring around 1,000 delegates to Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre, while the newly refurbished Hilton Aberdeen Treetops Hotel will host an event for Stena over the course of a week, which will also attract hundreds of delegates from all over Europe.
IMEX 2012 runs from May 22-24 at the Messe Frankfurt complex. For more information, call Aberdeen Convention Bureau on 01224 288815 or visit www.aberdeenconferences.com
- 16/08/12 TechFest in September returns to add family fun to the British Science Festival
- 10/07/12 MELDRUM HOUSE STRIKES GOLD
- 11/06/12 SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE HEADING TO ABERDEEN IN 2014
- 11/06/12 HAT TRICK FOR MELDRUM HOUSE - GRAMPIAN’S BEST RESTAURANT FOR THIRD TIME
- 04/06/12 BRIAN COX AMONG FAMOUS FACES TO APPEAR AT BRITISH SCIENCE FESTIVAL
- 30/05/12 AECC APPOINTS NEW PR AND MARKETING ASSISTANT
- 22/05/12 Aberdeen to be showcased at Energy Cities Alliance event
- 17/05/12 DIGITAL FUTURES CONFERENCE COMES TO ABERDEEN
- 16/05/12 NATIONAL ARENAS ASSOCIATION COMES TO AECC
- 10/05/12 Aberdeen Convention Bureau showcases region to German Event Organisers
- 08/05/12 9th ANNUAL DEVEX CONFERENCE DRAWS RECORD NUMBER OF TOP GEOLOGISTS, GEOPHYSICISTS AND ENGINEERS TO THE ENERGY CAPITAL OF EUROPE
- 18/04/12 AECC PARK AND RIDE - GRAB A LIFT AND A LATTE!
- 17/04/12 AECC TO WELCOME THE SCOTTISH HOME SHOW
- 02/04/12 THIRTY YEAR BLUEPRINT WILL SEE ABERDEEN AIRPORT TAKE OFF
- 26/03/12 CONFERENCE PROVIDES FOOD FOR THOUGHT
- 26/03/12 WORLD RAISES A TOAST TO WHISKY THANKS TO AN ABERDEEN STUDENT
- 21/03/12 WORLD HEAVY OIL CONGRESS PRELIMINARY MEETING UNDERWAY AT AECC
- 14/03/12 ABERDEEN IS A DESTINATION FIT FOR A QUEEN
- 01/02/12 NEW SCOTTISH HOME 2012 EXHIBITION COMES TO AECC
- 27/01/12 OFFSHORE WIND AND SUPPLY CHAIN CONFERENCE & EXHIBITION 2012 CONFIRMED FOR SECOND YEAR AT AECC
- 23/01/12 TAKING ABERDEEN TO LONDON!
- 28/11/11 ABERDEEN CONVENTION BUREAU TO PROMOTE NORTH-EAST AT GLOBAL BUSINESS TOURISM EVENT
- 02/11/11 DEVEX 2012 INVITES ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS!
- 27/10/11 ABERDEEN CONVENTION BUREAU SKATES INTO PARTNERSHIP WITH TRANSITION EXTREME
- 26/10/11 LANDMARK OFFICE DEVELOPMENT FOR ABERDEEN CITY CENTRE
- 20/10/11 Site of Aberdeen’s aquatic centre starts to take shape
- 12/10/11 AECC: Winner of the Northern Star Green Award
- 03/10/11 AIRLINE INTRODUCES MORE FLIGHTS FROM ABERDEEN
- 30/09/11 Malmaison win Best Small Hotel Chain at the Business Traveller Awards
- 28/09/11 AECC APPOINTS NEW PCO EXECUTIVE & ICCA SECRETARIAT
- 20/09/11 Controversies of ocean science in spotlight as world marine experts arrive in Aberdeen
- 20/09/11 MELDRUM HOUSE JOINS CULINARY ELITE WITH 2 AA ROSETTES
- 19/09/11 WORLD CONFERENCE ON MARINE BIODIVERSITY CONFERENCE 2011
- 06/09/11 AECC Beats Paris For Conference Win
- 11/07/11 ENERGETICA PROJECT PAVING THE WAY FOR CONFERENCE BUSINESS IN NORTH-EAST OF SCOTLAND
- 27/06/11 New Aberdeen to Frankfurt service connects Europe’s oil and energy capital to Lufthansa’s gateway to the world
- 23/06/11 AECC Appoints Two Non-Executive Board Members
- 14/06/11 ABERDEEN CONVENTION BUREAU SECURES CONFERENCES WORTH MORE THAN £1MILLION TO THE NORTH-EAST ECONOMY
- 10/06/11 AECC Shorlisted as a finalist for the Northern Star Green Award
- 08/06/11 CPD Services and Ambassador Event
- 31/05/11 Win for Meldrum House Dining Room
- 31/05/11 AECC Secures Three Prestigious International Conferences
- 31/05/11 Judges praise high standard of skills at Grampian Chef of the Year competition
- 31/05/11 Deeside Hotel wins top award
- 30/05/11 Aberdeen Convention Bureau boss retires
- 24/05/11 ABERDEEN CONVENTION BUREAU TO SHOWCASE NORTH-EAST ON INTERNATIONAL STAGE
- 23/05/11 Azerbaijan airlines launches long haul flights from Aberdeen
- 09/05/11 GO APE BRINGS UK’s FIRST EVER SKATEBOARD ZIP WIRE TO SCOTLAND
- 28/02/11 ABERDEEN CONVENTION BUREAU FLIES THE FLAG AT CONFEX
- 25/02/11 MELDRUM HOUSE STAFF IN RUNNING FOR TOP AWARDS
- 18/02/11 MALMAISON ABERDEEN SEES RISE IN ROOM HIRE REVENUE WITH ADDITION OF MEETINGS AND EVENTS SPACE
- 16/02/11 Sodexo Prestige Scotland planning major catering expansion in north-east of Scotland
- 07/02/11 EASTERN AIRWAYS LAUNCHES EXTRA SERVICES BETWEEN ABERDEEN AND SOUTHAMPTON
- 19/01/11 CITY AMBASSADORS TO BE RECOGNISED AT AWARDS DINNER
- 29/11/10 ABERDEEN CONVENTION BUREAU TO PROMOTE NORTH-EAST IN BARCELONA
- 08/11/10 Whytes Coaches wins major industry award
- 21/10/10 MALMAISON SET TO HOST EXCLUSIVE JOHN BYRNE EXHIBITION
- 29/09/10 Hilton Aberdeen Treetops Appoints Peter Sangster as new General Manager
- 28/09/10 Aberdeen Convention Bureau welcomes plans for additional space at offshore Europe 2011
- 13/09/10 Congestion charges and electric cars to be examined at international transport conference
- 13/09/10 Major conference postponed by Icelandic volcanic eruption in April to take place this week.
- 12/09/10 Sunday Times names Robert Gordon University as Scottish University of the Year
- 10/09/10 Milton Restaurant Owners buy Raemoir House Hotel
- 09/09/10 Climate change talk launches new Fraserburgh science series
- 09/09/10 Life’s a beach for tourism twins
- 08/09/10 Victorian-inspired event promises an evening of electrifying science
- 07/09/10 Chart topping Olly Murs part of AECC’s 25th Birthday Celebrations
- 07/09/10 Secrets of the deep and food facts
- 23/08/10 AECC hosts Energy Ball for Third Consecutive Year
- 23/08/10 First Minister hails new Aberdeen hotel and office development as economy booster
- 09/08/10 Hilton Garden Inn opens in Aberdeen
- 03/08/10 Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre appoints Paul Wood as General Manager
- 27/07/10 Prestigious symposium comes to Scotland for the first time
- 20/07/10 AECC strengthens Sales and Marketing Team with new appointments
- 13/07/10 Top Traditional Music Event comes to Aberdeen
- 30/06/10 AECC only Scottish finalist at International Congress Awards
- 24/06/10 Aberdeen City and Shire - First Choice for conferences in the future
- 22/06/10 AECC only Scottish finalists in today’s prestigious National Venue Award
- 21/06/10 AECC staff shortlisted for National Award
- 21/06/10 Scottish Thistle Awards salute Scotland’s retail heroes
- 15/06/10 £1.6 million centre to develop new drugs from our seas’ natural resources
- 11/06/10 Gut bacteria under the microscope
- 09/06/10 AECC celebrates Silver Anniversary
- 09/06/10 Councillors support Trump’s new blueprint for £750m golf resort
- 09/06/10 World Heavy Oil Congress secured for Aberdeen in 2012
- 31/03/10 Visitors to Benefit from Bus Tours
- 20/11/09 New hotel opens its doors in Aberdeen
- 19/11/09 Aberdeen Convention Bureau congratulates Malmaison