Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival 29/04/10 - 03/05/10
The Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival celebrated its tenth anniversary in 2009. Held each year during the first long weekend in May, it creates an opportunity for visitors to enjoy a visit to Speyside before the start of the main tourism season. The Festival invites visitors to celebrate Scotland's national drink through an inventive and wide-ranging programme of whisky-inspired events - some educational, all of them fun.
Since its inception, the Festival has developed close links with many Speyside businesses and communities as everyone works together to provide an ever-improving range of events, facilities and services for local people and the increasing flow of international visitors.
The Festival plays an important part in helping people acquire a deeper knowledge and appreciation of their dram, and has introduced whisky to new audiences, including a growing female market.
- 02/10/12 Starlight Express
- 29/09/12 Philharmonia Orchestra
- 22/09/12 Saturday Night at the Auld Meal Mill
- 16/09/12 Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham
- 14/09/12 The Cone Gatherers
- 07/09/12 Bill Bryson
- 04/09/12 British Science Festival
- 03/09/12 Chicago
- 02/09/12 Rhod Gilbert - The Man With the Flaming Battenberg Tattoo
- 30/08/12 Disco Inferno
- 25/08/12 30th City of Aberdeen Clydesdale Horse Show
- 25/08/12 Aberdeen Country Fair