Olympic Torch Relay 11/06/12 - 12/06/12
The route on day 24 [Monday 11 June] of the Olympic Torch Relay will see the Olympic Flame travel through Aberdeenshire and arrive at approximately 6.25pm in Peterculter. The Olympic Flame will then travel through Bieldside, Milltimber, Cults and Mannofield before heading along Great Western Road, Holburn Street and Union Street before it reaches the host city's evening celebrations at the Castlegate.
Aberdeen City Council, working with LOCOG and the three Presenting Partners of the Relay - Coca Cola, Bank of Scotland and Samsung - will host the evening spectacular to celebrate the Olympic Flame.
The exciting event at the Castlegate will be free and feature local entertainment and well-known must-see performers. Details of the show will be released over the next few months.
Day 25 of the Olympic Torch Relay will set off at 7.20am approximately from BP's headquarters in Dyce, making its way via Bucksburn and the Haudigan Roundabout to Hilton Drive, where the first Torchbearer of the day will carry the Olympic Flame.
The relay will then continue via Anderson Drive to Bridge of Dee and then make its way on to the A90 as it leaves Aberdeen and continues on its historic journey.
- 02/10/12 Starlight Express
- 29/09/12 Philharmonia Orchestra
- 22/09/12 Saturday Night at the Auld Meal Mill
- 16/09/12 Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham
- 14/09/12 The Cone Gatherers
- 07/09/12 Bill Bryson
- 04/09/12 British Science Festival
- 03/09/12 Chicago
- 02/09/12 Rhod Gilbert - The Man With the Flaming Battenberg Tattoo
- 30/08/12 Disco Inferno
- 25/08/12 30th City of Aberdeen Clydesdale Horse Show
- 25/08/12 Aberdeen Country Fair