Granite Festival 2012 13/05/12 - 19/05/12
Aberdeen's Granite Festival
Back by popular demand, our second festival has twice as many opportunities to take part.
The Granite City has a geological legacy spanning millions of years and our festival programme aims to give you a taster of this vast inheritance. New events this year include a chance to visit a working quarry, to hear first hand from artists who have worked with this demanding medium and to find out why we are getting hot and bothered about granite power.
Our talks' programme will look at the geological origins and ancient use of granite, and this year's Rubislaw Quarry talk will feature the quarry's new owners. Our walking tour focuses on the Granite City's architecture and our drop in day at the Gallery provides a chance to have a go at designing your own building.
- 02/10/12 Starlight Express
- 29/09/12 Philharmonia Orchestra
- 22/09/12 Saturday Night at the Auld Meal Mill
- 16/09/12 Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham
- 14/09/12 The Cone Gatherers
- 07/09/12 Bill Bryson
- 04/09/12 British Science Festival
- 03/09/12 Chicago
- 02/09/12 Rhod Gilbert - The Man With the Flaming Battenberg Tattoo
- 30/08/12 Disco Inferno
- 25/08/12 30th City of Aberdeen Clydesdale Horse Show
- 25/08/12 Aberdeen Country Fair