Chicago 03/09/12 - 08/09/12
"Murder, greed, corruption, exploitation, adultery and treachery... all those things we hold near and dear to our hearts"...so begins the international award-winning musical.
Based on real life events back in the roaring 1920s, nightclub singer Roxie Hart shoots her lover and along with Cell Block rival, double-murderess Velma Kelly, they fight to keep from death row with the help of smooth talking lawyer, Billy Flynn.
Created by the musical theatre talents of John Kander, Fred Ebb and legendary choreographer Bob Fosse, Chicago's sexy, sassy score includes All That Jazz and Razzle Dazzle.
A nightclub singer, a double-murderess, a smooth-talking lawyer and a cell block of sin: it would be a crime to miss it.
With six Tony, two Olivier, one Grammy, two Bafta and six Academy Awards, Chicago truly is "the sharpest, slickest show on the block" - The Times
Audio described performance - Sat 8th Sept matinee
Captioned performance - Sat 8th Sept
- 02/10/12 Starlight Express
- 29/09/12 Philharmonia Orchestra
- 22/09/12 Saturday Night at the Auld Meal Mill
- 16/09/12 Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham
- 14/09/12 The Cone Gatherers
- 07/09/12 Bill Bryson
- 04/09/12 British Science Festival
- 03/09/12 Chicago
- 02/09/12 Rhod Gilbert - The Man With the Flaming Battenberg Tattoo
- 30/08/12 Disco Inferno
- 25/08/12 30th City of Aberdeen Clydesdale Horse Show
- 25/08/12 Aberdeen Country Fair